The Power of Explainer Video: Why Your Startup Needs One?
So you own a startup with burgeoning expectations and you wish to sweep your target audience off their feet as soon as they land in your webpage. And you have been following the rulebook to the T, keeping your fingers crossed and your hopes up to make it big in the industry.
While you were immersed in strategies to keep visitors glued to your webpage, did you think about quick marketing videos to make their visits more productive?
If you haven’t, then it is time you took the highway on the explainer video front.
I’ll shed some light on that.
What is an Explainer Video?
As the name suggests, an explainer video puts the objective behind your business, on the table.
You see, every startup has a purpose and if you own one, you already know it.
Your business exists to change lives, solve problems, and make things easier for your target group.
An explainer video is usually less than 3 minutes long and explains two very important things:
- How exactly you plan to solve a problem
- Why your target group should choose you over the thousands of trouble-shooters fighting for the sun
Why Your Business Needs an Explainer Video?
Two facts to start you off with:
- 96% of consumers find explainer videos to be helpful when making decisions online.
- 75% of visitors are more likely to make a purchase if the product or service accompanies an explainer video.
Interested? There’s more.
- High Rank in Google Search
Yes, you read that right.
As we all know, a large part of Google’s search ranking is devoted to the amount of time visitors spend on a webpage.
Therefore, blocks of text could prove to be really damaging for a webpage ranking, since it increases the bounce rate considerably.
But short and engaging explainer videos, on the other hand, have the potential to grab the audience attention, making them stay on your page for a considerable amount of time.
This, in turn, boosts your SEO ranking, placing your webpage right among the first few results on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page), making it highly likely to be located by visitors on the first go.
- Increases Conversion Rate
We have all heard of the phrase ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’.
But a moving picture on just a single minute has made the giant leap to 1.8 million words.
That is how video is all set to take on the world of marketing.
The reasons are simple.
- A video ties up the message with human emotions, making it easy to relate to.
- It shows, rather than tells, the prospective consumer what the business is bringing to the table and how exactly it would benefit them.
- An interesting video skyrockets engagement and minimizes the distractions that accompany chunks of text.
- Most importantly, it makes a lasting impression on the minds of the audience, making the message stick.
You see, the bottom line is: what’s in it for your audience?
Once you make that crystal clear, you’ve got a winner in your hands. And explainer videos help you do just that.
This Dropbox explainer video hits the nail right on the head.
- Livens up Your Startup Pitch
Let’s face it. A pitch comprising pages of unending text, pie charts, and slideshows is boring.
Our suggestion: throw in an interesting and precise explainer video and watch the transformation sweep over the room.
You will be amazed.
You would need to include three things in the video:
- A solid script
- A simple and smart flow of benefits (not features)
- Engaging visuals
Once you get that right, grabbing your audience attention will become a piece of pie. And the success of your startup pitch is bound to shoot through the roof.
- Creates Awareness
The last couple of years have been witness to an increased consumption of video over the Internet.
For example, 190 million Americans, which amount to 61% of the total population, watched an average of 397 online videos in the month of January, 2014 alone.
The Internet provides an array of options to make your startup gain recognition. And shareable explainer videos are just one of the options that is staring you right in the face.
Explainer videos has a huge chance of going viral if it can be shared online. And this generates awareness of your business, projecting your prospects sky-high.
So why get lost in the clutter, when you can make history?
The ingredients are right in front of you. All you need to do is put them together. And make it fun.
What other benefits of an explainer video would you like to point out?
Share those with us in the comments section below. We are eager to hear from you.
Latest posts by Ronita Kundu (see all)
- Traffic with Twitter: 5 Surefire Ways that Actually Work!!! - 24th July 2015
- Anticipatory Design: Taking Web Design a Step Further - 5th July 2015
- The Power of Explainer Video: Why Your Startup Needs One? - 7th June 2015